other 38 places to dump theirs.

floriano
goasuraj
Check-out the Road Map for Goa at www.goasu-raj.org
Chapter III (9)(e) Garbage Disposal.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joel Moraes

   GARBAGE PROBLEM

  Garbage is all around the world but it's not a problem for all of them
because they know how to deal with it. Being a sailor, I also know a lot about
garbage. Garbage at sea has got different categories and one cannot dump
garbage where they want at sea and in  places like U.S. and Europe non-
compliance of garbage regulations is considered as a mojor offence and apart
from a fine the responsible person can be jailed for the non- compliance with
the garbage regulations.

  In a place like one time very beautifull state of Goa, there is no system as
far as the garbage problem is concerned. We need people to deal with it but
the concerned people are themselves is a top class garbage and how we can
expect garbage to solve the grabage related problems which Goa is severely
facing now. I m talking about the top 40 high pollutants of GOA and only after
the inceneration(burning of garbage into ash at sea ) of these pollutants the
garbage problem will be sorted.

  I personally feel the best dumpying yard for garbage in GOA is infront of
the Goan legislative Assemby at Porvorim as the top pollutants of GOA have
thier sessions there and garbage should go with garbage.

  Last but not the least,garbage is not a problem at all provided it has to be
disposed and not dumped.

  Joel Morais.
  Cuncolim,
  Bencleamvaddo,