Dear Netters

I would like to share the following prayer with you since I had to copy it to send it a a friend of mine who visited me lately. I have had it on a bone china plate plate in my kitchen since 1965. I have not been able to find a similar plate since then.

When I googled for it I was surprised to learn that the prayer is attributed to St. Teresa of Avila, however, my version has additional lines which I have included in brackets. I hope it will be appreciated by one and all, inspite of the fact that boots and shoes are rarely blacked now a days and floors no longer scrubbed but swapped. Am I right?

The Kitchen Prayer
attributed to St. Teresa of Avila
God walks among the pots and pans:
"Lord of all pots and pans and things, since I've no time to be a great saint by doing lovely things, or watching late with Thee, or dreaming in the dawnlight, or storming heaven's gates, make me a saint by getting meals, and washing up the plates. (Although I must have Martha's hands, I have a Mary mind, and when I black the boots and shoes, Thy sandals, Lord I find. I think of how they trod the earth, each time I scrub the floor; Accept this meditation Lord - I haven't time for more.)Warm all the kitchen with Thy Love, and light it with Thy peace; forgive me all my worrying, and make my grumbling cease.Thou who didst love to give men food, in room, or by the sea, accept the service that I do-I do it unto Thee."

Regards

Livia