I forgot a very important happening in the History of the Association.
In 1977 the Committee accepted an invitation from the Goan Association
Canada (Toronto) to visit them for a sports and cultural exchange. I
had all the Funds that were collected, changed at money market
interbank rate, with no commission, for the Association!

The Canadain Goans were very generous in their entertainment and the
hospitality that they showered upon us. We had also made a coach trip
to Ottawa and onwards to Montreal. The Montreal Goans also treated us
very well. I remember their welcome evening reception and the  Biryani
which was really mouth watering!

Our Hockey side alas did not do that well and the Goan Association
Canada were champions!

--
Gabe.

--