Hi Tony and Floriano,

I agree with you-both about the importance of English language.  The importance
of the language is for the students and their parents and others interested in
the next generation of Goans.

Goan Catholics do a good job of sometimes wanting it both ways. They insists
the Catholic Diocese be confined to "rock solid principles related to religion"
and then expect the institution to fight the Goans' battle for economic
progress.

Should not the Goan Catholics themselves fight for and strongly "support the
govt's wise move"? This rather than expect the Diocese to do it all for them
while they sit back and criticize the Diocese / Church?

Before you misundersatnd me, I repeat, I agree on the fight for the use of
English.  Yet, don't you think you'd have more success by you and other
teachers and parents leading the fight?  And so should the other English
writers and journalists and newspapers.  That is because they are looking for
future readers.  And so too should high tech employers, hotel owners, etc etc.
Kind Regards, GL

------------------- Goa Su-Raj Party <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Absolutely well said and totally relevant. We goans are our own undoing.
Hopefully the Diosesan Society of Education (Bishop's Palace) will see the
light after its blunder perpetuated on the people of Goa earlier thro' the all
Konkani medium in the primary section.

We Goans love our language. But at what cost??? Should not the hypocrites be
exposed forthwith? If mistakes were done, just say sorry and get on with the
work. Posterity will appreciate the efforts.

------------ Anthony M Barreto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Starting this academic year, the Goa education department reintroduced an
English language subject from Std I. Sensible move.
The Oposition BJP and MGP have joined forces to oppose it.
It's time the Goa Diocesan Society of Education support the govt's wise move at
least now after meekly accepting Konkani as the medium of instruction in all
its primary school.
English is the mark of gentleman and it is the language of our bread and
butter. Even for the job of a peon you need English.