Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Hello Mario:

I did not selectively associate you with anything. I
mentioned your name along with Gilbert's and marlon's
and others.

In my opinion and in the opinion of many historians
there is no "perhaps" or "maybe" as far as atrocities
on the local population including destruction of hindu
temples is concerned.It is well documented by
independent historians and the writings of people like
Francis xavier too reflect that barbarity.

I also belive that such wanton acts of religious
extremism in the past should not be used to justify
and encourage more such acts in our present times.

At the same times such incidents should not be brushed
under the carpet under the pretense of maintaining
"communal harmony" or by refering to other issues like
sati manusmriti and aryan invasion or hindutva.

I belive it would be a good start for all of us if
accept that what the portuguese and other colonial
missionaries of bygone era incuding francis xavier did
was an extreme example of religious bigotry and
intolerance.

I also do not agree with your assertion that
criticising such acts by christian zealots in the past
is in any way related to "christianity bashing".

One should not confuse the criticism of zealots and
fanatics as the criticism of religion itself.