Sorry, I am late on this one.

Mistakes are made in Goa and I guess nothing much can be done now to reverse the
situation of those foreigner who already purchased properties .

Who we  can punish now??
The Lawyers who misguieded the foreigners ?
The Law which have a loophole ?
The Sarpanch/panchas who would do anything for money ?
The Mamlatdars/Talathis who are resposible for 'Mutations' ?
The Registrars who are reponsible for 'sales Deeds Registrations'?
The Ministers/MLAs who are 40 in total ?
Or we/us who are responsible to elect the same old corrupt faces again again ?

The law can be stricter now, but those who already purchased I would wish 'Good
Luck' to them.

That's only my openion.

As for other Foreign Nationals of Indian Origin they can freely accquire
properties
in Inida/Goa up to 2 properties and they can even take back the sales procceeds
the extent of original purchase price.

"NRIs, irrespective of their citizenship can freely acquire and transfer
residential
as also commercial properties in India barring agricultural land and plantation,
with repatriation of  foreign exchange equivalent of cost of acquisition
(maxi.two
in case of resi.houses) and no restrictions as regards holding period" .

> > alleschbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Dear friends !
> >
> > We are also 'so called' foreigners, but we don't want to buy any land or
> > property in Goa, because this is not according to the laws. This development
> > is a problem, because there are many Goan builders, who sell ugly
> > house-creations to foreigner's. Many foreigners don't know, that they are
> > not
> > allowed to own property in India without a special permission. It would be
> > necessary to start an information campagne to inform the foreigner's about
> > the
> > legal situation in Goa.
> >
> > Also in Austria there are laws, that foreigner's cannot buy land, to
> > protect the rights of the native people.
> >
> > Many Greetings,
> >
> > Mary and Dieter

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Goa & NRI related info...

Konkani Songs, Goan Photos, Tiatr/Film VCDs, Bank interest rates etc etc
   (for updates etc click below)