0000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000

WORLD GOA DAY dedicated events and other WORLD GOAN EVENTS
for JULY. - 2006

JULY 2006
----------------
==========
22nd July 2006
==========
USA
==========================
Goan Association of New Jersey, Inc.,
==========================
EVENT Members Only Picnic
Date July 22 2006
Place Princeton Country Club,
West Windsor, NJ
www.goanj.com

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
MESSAGE from the PRESIDENT
For WORLD GOA DAY
0000000000000000000000000000

Greetings from the Garden State of America. The Goan Association
of New Jersey joins in Wishing You ALL A Very Happy and Joyful
" World Goa Day " On this, day it is appropriate to reminisce Golden
Memories of our Experiences with our Motherland-GOA.
The very mention of the word brings Joy to our hearts and minds as
most of us have Memorable Moments and Experiences of GOA. I look at
my Dad who is now 85 and lives in Canada. The mention of
GOA gives him the energy and resonance of a 16 year old; his thoughts
of Goa are certainly that of the Portguese rule and the transition
over to India. Our biggest blessings he recalls is that we are blessed
to house the body of St. Francis Xavier so unique and divine.
Our Association in New Jersey prides itself with activities far
beyond parties, entertainment and merry making, not to undermine that
we indulge in a lot of the above. More importantly as most of us in
North America realize and are appreciative of the generosity the Lord
has bestowed on us, we try to focus on helping the under priviliged
here in the US and more so in GOA.
We are involved with a lot of charities in Goa for the betterment of
schools, libraries, education and the old and sick. Some of our
Members are presently agressively pursuing the construction of a
State of the Art Cardiac facility in GOA. Our prayers go out to them
that this may come to fruition. Let us all collectively be proud
of our heritage and pledge that we will continue to give to our
Motherland, and work towards a more peaceful and harmonious future
not only in the WORLD, but particularly in GOA where so much is
changing as we forge into the 21st century.
Best Wishes from all our Members.
Viva Goa
Felix Menezes
President
Goan Association of New Jersey, Inc.,
P.O. Box 335
Cranbury, N.J. 08512
United States of America
www.goanj.com

The GOA of New Jersey has "maxed out" on people attending this
Saturday's annual picnic - as the "ceiling" set by the New
Jersey State Department of Parks has been exceeded. The picnic
will be held at the Princeton Country Club in West Windsor.
This is the first time in the Association's 15 year-history that the
executive committee had to reject last minute attendees for the
picnic. Last year , 309 people attended the picnic- one "shy" of its
all time record of 310. It seems that the final figure will be around
350.
And last year's Christmas dance also "maxed out" for the second
time- ostensibly due to the presence of the Toronto popular band-
the "Naked Flame" led by bass guitarist and singer- Joe Rebello.
Joe and the Band's key-boardist - Carlos will be special guests
being featured in the formation of a new band in New Jersey which
will play at the picnic. The band will include the well known
New Jersey DJ and guitarist- Brain Barretto who played with the
well known Bombay (Mumbai) band - the "Bonaventures".
Tony Barros.
Union , New Jersey.
U . S . A .

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
22nd July 2006
==========
GOANS in East Africa -TANZANIA
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dear All,
This is to inform you of a very exciting occasion on Saturday 22nd July 2006
at the Dar es salaam Institute although in such short notice but rest assured
you
will be totally trilled by gracing the Occasion.
St Xavier's Society - Zanzibar.
22nd July - 2006
--------------------
GERMANY
======== ==
The Goan Association Germany
================ =====
Dear Oscar,
The Goan Association Germany is happy to know thru Rene Barreto and Basilio
Magno
that you have establishing an Alliance of World Goan Associations. It certainly
is a great
idea and we would be happy if you would please enlist our association with the
Alliance .
We are perhaps the smallest Goan community in the west, numbering around 2,500
spread
throughout Germany . The Goan association here originally was a brainchild of
Basilio Magno
in the early sixtyâs, when the first group of Goans landed in Germany with
working contract
signed by the Portuguese Government. The larger number of Goans here are those
who
came directly from Goa/Bombay with smaller pockets of those who came from East
Africa
& Karachi .
The Goan Association Germany, is located in Frankfurt and is an officially
registered body
since 2003. Our annual programs include: Goa Nite Ball, Annual Family Picnic,
Xâmas
Celebration and from last summer we celebrate â GOA DAYâ?. Our this yearâs
highlight
will be Goa Day celebration that falls on 22 July 2006 with a Tiatr group from
Goa with
courtesy by the Konkani Dramatic Association London.
We would like to thanks you and Rene for all your time and efforts for trying
to unite
Goan community worldwide.
Mariano Pereira
General Secretary
Goan Association Germany
Viva Goa is right around the corner. In it's 9th year of being celebrated
at The Downsview Hangar, this is one show you won't want to miss.
Tickets are moving quickly so please get yours soon!
Mark Saturday, July 29th on your calendars!
We have created a special site for Viva Goa 2006.
Please check http://vivagoa.goatoronto.com
frequently for the latest information.
See last year's photos here.
Tickets prices this year are as follows:
EARLY BIRD Tickets...are $8.00 while ticket supplies last....
$10.00 per ticket on July 29th
Children 5 - 10 years of age $3.00
4 and under - FREE
Tickets can be purchased from any committee member.
Please see contact information for ticket sellers here.
If you can't open the file, you may find committee
contact information on the main site, at staff listing

A message from Oscar Furtado - President GOA TORONTO , Canada.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WORLD GOA DAY MESSAGE
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It’s that time again! An opportunity for us to celebrate our proud heritage.
The goans from Toronto Canada send their best wishes to goans around the
world as we celebrate ‘Goa Day’ on August 20th. As we have in the past,
we start our celebrations early as we host ‘Viva Goa’ on July 29th. Viva Goa
attracts many goans from around the world. We welcome goans from around
the world….mark your calendars!
Once again we have designated our Viva Goa celebrations as part of our
Goa Day celebration. The goans in Toronto strongly believe in Goan unity
and solidarity. It is this unity with goans around the world that will give us
strong voice in times of need.
Every year the attendance at Viva Goa continues to grow. We expect the
numbers to exceed 6000 goans this year. We use this day to celebrate our
culture, heritage and proud traditions through dance and shows, sporting
events and fine cuisine.
Celebrating Goa Day is very important as we have an opportunity to reflect
on what it is like being a Goan while sharing this experience with family and
friends.
The goans from Toronto continue to support Goan unity and solidarity around
the world. We salute Rene Barreto who has shown great leadership in helping
bring Goans around the world together to celebrate Goa Day. We have reached
a very important crossroad in determining where we take our solidarity. The
goans from Toronto continue to pledge their commitment and support to the
formation of an ‘Alliance of World Goa Organizations’. We are ready to start
discussions with Goan organizations around the world to determine how we can
all benefit from such an alliance. We strongly believe that the Goan community
around the world has a very important voice. People will listen to us if we are
united. Best wishes to all goans as we celebrate Goa Day 2006.
Oscar Furtado,
President,
GOA Toronto,
Canada
Oscar Furtado
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VIVA GOA :
www.goatoronto.com
Your participation and messages of support are always welcome.
ALL WORLD GOA DAY messages will be displayed
on GoaToronto website : www.goatoronto.com -
"Good ideas are two a penny. They only become valuable
when someone implements them.Then they become innovation."
The song PROUD TO BE GOAN - by Basilio Magno
can be downloaded FROM www.goaday.goamog.com