Hi Fred

Santosh's views on science are mainstream. I have not read a single unusual
(extreme) view from
him.  He is enthusiastic in his defense of those views, but that enthusiasm
should not be mistaken
for fundamentalism - like the religious kind (I know your comment was
tongue-in-cheek).

A scientific belief system is also not an ideology. Science is open-ended in
its search for truth,
within prescribed methods and methodologies. That process cannot be confused
with the religious
fundamentalist who accepts certain truths, their search for truth is complete
and not open-ended.
I know Fred knows this but it is worth repeating for those who attack science
based on narrow
religious, political ideologies or those who want to equate scientific beliefs
with religion
beliefs.

Regards,
George