Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

That was a depressing report by Silvano Barbosa about the lack of sales of his
book
  "The Sixth night".  In his report he mentioned that I was the first person
to buy his book.  And I will say this sincerely that the book was worth every
rupee that I paid for it and more.  The story while fiction, was based on
historical facts dating back to the Portuguese leaving Goa.  The story was
thrilling, gripping and left one in suspense till the last chapter.
  It is indeed sad to see us Goans not supporting the endeavors of fellow
Goans.
  I have also read and am in possession of  two of Ben Antao's books, the
latest being
  "Blood and Nemesis" which I could not put down till I finished the book.
This book also
  while fiction was based on the same time period as Silvano's book.

  Among other Goan authors I have read Peter Nazareth's "In a Brown Mantle"
which was based in Uganda, East Africa.  Having been born and raised in
neighboring Tanzania during the [period that the story was written about, I
could relate to the events he described.

  One book, that I have yet to get my hands on is Tivolem by Victor Rangel
Ribeiro.
  When I acquire it, after reading it. it will proudly reside on my shelf in
Goa,  along with the books by other Goan authors.

  I sincerely hope that more Goans will buy books by our own Goan authors, not
only to
  encourage them, but also to learn about our Goan history.  It is even more
amazing and depressing that despite a very large Goan population in the
greater Toronto, Canada area where both Silvano and Ben are based, there is
such lack-lustre support for our own authors.

  If there are other books by Goan authors that I dont know about, please let
me know the title and where I can acquire it. either in Goa or North America.