Dear Goanet,

There is a saying in Konkani:  "Khal'leleacho denkor ievnk zai" which roughly
translated means to belch when one's stomach is full - to be grateful.

This message is to express my gratefulness to Goanet for providing me a
platform to write from and spread the word on Goa and our mother tongue,
Konkani, to Goans across the globe.  My special thanks to the Goanet Admin
Team for keeping Goanet going all these years.  You guys are doing a
tremendous job and service to the Goan society.  Keep up the good work!

I take this opportunity of wishing 'Goanet' Many Happy Returns of the Day and
a very Happy 12th Birthday!  As Goanet enters its adolescent stage, may it
progress by leaps and bounds and make us all feel proud.  Remember - 'together
we stand, divided we fall.'

I dedicate the following Konkani poem to Goanet:

G - Goanet tum Goenkaranchem chovis horamchem potr khobranchem
    (Goanet you're Goans' round-the-clock newspaper)
O - Oundum vaddon tum zalem danddgem bara vorsanchem
    (You grew up into a robust 12-year-old this year)
A - Anvdetanv sogott ami tuka lambdig jivit sukhachem
    (We all wish you a long, prosperous life)
N - Niskuchar aiz-kal tum sabar zonnanchem
    (You are the envy of many these days)
E - Ekmeti tum Bardezkaranchem, Saxttikaranchem ani Tiswaddkaranchem
    (You're the union of people from Bardez, Salcete and Tiswaddi)
T - Tankta titli Konknni Goanettar borovn haddunk khaltem magnnem amchem
    (Our humble request is for you to publish as much Konkani on Goanet as
possible.)

Goanet, we wish you all the best!

Three cheers to Goanet, the Admin Team and the (in)visible Goanet Volunteers!

Bessanv tumcher poddonv re
Bessanv tumcher poddonv re
Sorginchea Deva Bapachem

Viva re Viva - Viva, Viva!