Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:54:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mario Goveia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Will any Goan....re casteism in the Church -

I would like to hear from the Goan priests who lurk
around the fringes of Goanet, who should be better
able to explain the celibacy they have accepted and
live with and be able to explain it far better than we
can.

Don't hold your breath waiting, Mario.  Clerical postings to this list are
limited to Sunday Reflections.  Others have probably been warned to refrain
from getting involved with this 'secular' forum for fear of revealing the
weaknesses of their arguments.

Having said that, I have the utmost respect for those members of the
priesthood who have chosen to live their lives in accordance with their
beliefs.  We see them in all kinds of ministry, tending to their flock as
all good shepherds do.  The burden of celibacy, whatever it's origin or
reason, is one that goes against natural tendencies and requires a deep
conviction of faith to adhere to, more so than the other vows of poverty
and obedience.  We should be proud of our true priests.

Kevin Saldanha
Mississauga, ON.