My dear Roland Francis,

You couldn't be more well-meaning and sincere when you say that my party
does not have no grass-roots. I have grown from Goa's soil. And I have
assimilated everything that is GOAN to last me throughout my lifetime. I
have planted trees. I have grown vegetables that indeed grow roots, some of
them so succulent that we relish them as 'KOND'GHEO' , more specifically
known as Taleigao'cheo kond'gheo,  as these coming from Taleigao are sweeter
than most, it is believed.  And I have cut trees, and burnt their roots so
that  these trees do not grow again. But never in my life have I seen
'grass' growing roots. Therefore, when I helped form this party, we made
sure that we would never use grass to depend on the roots it never grows. We
instead opted to plant trees, real trees, deep in the GOAN SOIL so  that we
could depend on these trees, however few they may be, for all times; trees
that will give us sweet and nourishing fruits and not poisonous ones that
would make us sick if we ingested or ate,  knowingly or unknowingly; trees
that would stand tall and sway in the fiercest of temptests and not up-root
and fall; trees that would withstand the worst of  the bush fires that would
decimate the bushes along the the 'grass', however tall, along with their
non-existent roots.

Having said that, dear Roland, I have seen Dayanand Bandodkar cultivating
grass-roots. He used so much colour to differentiate his grass without
roots that  when Komal (Lotus) came around, it saw a fertile growth of
like-coulored grass and gobbled it whole  heartedly and effortlessly having
found out that it had no roots. By the way,  the Komal was and is a
carnivore which has ultimately even gobbled Bandodkar's pet Lion.

Therefore, having learnt a life's lesson, my party, as I have said above,
does not want to cultivate grass that never grows roots and which is very
easy to be burnt, even when it is in its prime and all green. Instead, my
party has built a sailing ship and equiped it with most modern and
innovative instruments of navigation. And we have anchored it in mid stream
with sail unfolded. And we want the strongest of winds to blow her way and
give full blast of its might to into its sails that will uproot the ship's
anchor and set it free in the stream to navigate and reach its destination,
making full use of her time tested navigational aids.

And those navigational aids, my dear Roland, are aptly described in the
Party's ROAD MAP for all to know, and endear their guaranted potentials.

What you are suggesting is fully accepted. In time, when trees  that we have
helped to be planted  grow deep enough roots, these things will be taken
care of, automatically.

And one  last thing that I want you to know from you is, pray  'Who is in a
HURRY here?' It is certainly not my party. We are relaxed enough in the
understanding that we shall perish along with everyone else if we have to
perish. And we shall lead if everyone else wants us to lead Goa to its full
blooming and certainly potent future.

I thank you very much for your acute concern. I know that you mean well.
Please excuse my talking through my hat. But I see no reason not to do so.

With kind regards

Floriano Lobo

NB. Floriano Vaz is Goa's martyr of the Language agitation. God Rest his
Soul in Peace and may he Pray for GOA.