I have always had sympathies for the cause that Medha Patkar has taken on behalf of the disadvantaged, and those who could be bulldozed into submission. However, I read in an editorial in The Indian Express the following: "But, and this is curious, Medha Patkar hasn't agitated in that state. Bengal is single-mindedly wooing industry. It badly wanted a huge steel project and would have happily beaten Orissa to it. If Ms Patkar won't be logical, let her at least be consistent. Her next stop should be Bengal."

Considering the sincerity of Medha in her issues, I am sure she will not have double standards. Can anyone please confirm if the allegation made by The Indian Express is correct?

Sachin Phadte