Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

MONDAY MUSE (30 October 2006)

WHAT's YOUR WORTH?

Sometimes I start my seminars by holding up a Rs 1000/-note and asking my
participants, "Who would like this note?" Invariably most hands go up. Then
I proceed to crumple the note and repeat my question again. Everybody still
wants it. Then, I drop it on the ground and grind it into the floor with my
shoe until it is all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?"   Nobody
changes his or her mind. They desire it despite the dirt. They desire it
because of its worth has not been sullied by the dirt.

Surely, this is very valuable lesson. No matter what was done to the money,
people still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still
worth Rs 1000/- Ditto for us human beings! Many times in our lives, we are
dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the
circumstances that can come our way. However, no matter what has happened or
what will happen, you will never lose your worth if you are aligned to the
path of truth.

The worth of the sullied note does not diminish because it carries the proof
of being a currency that is recognized by everybody as having the stated
worth. Similarly, we have to confirm our worth by proving our values are
intact. a fact that is proven by our responses to different situations. If
our actions are appropriate then our values are confirmed and our character
will be considered worthy.

Personal worthiness is a value we can attach to ourselves by ensuring that
our walk is aligned to the same values that we talk about. Too often, we
talk about lofty values and indulge in lowly deeds. Too often, we find
excuses to justify the most reprehensible of actions. Too often, we diminish
our own worth by compromising on our values. Too often, we indulge in the
very practices that we have publicly condemned.

Personal worthiness is a choice we make

"Speak through action " is the path to take!

Regards

Pravin

30 October 2006, Goa.

A life coach with a passion to connect people to their potential, Pravin
Sabnis has conducted over 500 workshops for leading corporate and other
groups through his firm - unlearning unlimited, based in Goa, India.

The Monday Muse series, started on the first Monday of 2004, is dedicated to
the theme of the National President of JCI-India. 2004 - "Touch to
Transform" , 2005 - "We are the Future" and 2006 - "Speak Through Action " .

--
Pravin K Sabnis
Life Coach, UNLEARNING UNLIMITED