Hi Everyone,

We should keep the name of our Golden GOA as it is. When the foreign
multinationals in Bangalore get confused between Bengal and Bengalooru, the
Karnataka Guys will realize the mistake they have made. Throughout its
history*, Goa has been known as Gomantachala, Gopakapattna, Govapuri,
Govarashtra, Gova and Goa". Imagine confusing our Golden Goa with the
lawless capital of the lawless state of Bihar  if Gopakapattana was
adopted - Whats Next ? Electing Laloo Prasad Yadav as our Chief Minister ?
We have already got his friends-  Goan Gaon Goon Churchill Alemao as MP and
Mickey Pacheco as MLA and they are making a Gaan of the place ! We should
crucify the guys who even suggest or attempt to change the name of our state
!.

Best Regards,

Dr. Carmo D'Cruz
Proud Shastikar,  Velkar,
Even Nore Proud To Be A Goenkar !
INDIAn Harbour Beach, Florida.

* From "Re-Discovering Goa" - A thesis done in partial fufillment of the
requirements of the degree of Master of Business Administration by Carmo
D'Cruz in the Department of Portuguese Language and Culture at the
University of Texas at Austin (1989)