           * * *  2006  ANNUAL  GOANETTERS MEET - GOA  * * *
WHERE: Foodland Cafe - Miramar Residency - Miramar, Goa

WHEN: December 21, 2006 @ 4:00pm

More info:

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2006-December/051747.html
Roland,

The Portuguese seem to have done an outstanding job of colonising the
Goan mindset, especially yours.

Here we have you admitting that the elders of the Francis clan(before
the Portuguese arrived) were dishonest and immoral pagans who did not
appreciate the good things of life. The slave mentality is indeed hard
to rid ones self of.

BTW India's economic resurgence that FN is talking about is not a
figment of the western media's imagination, it is the ground reality
being witnessed by millions of Indians even the two-week-decade
holidayers.

Who ever gave you the idea that any person in Goa was "looking forward
to any enduring return of overseas Goans back to Goa or India or the
current trickle turning into a flood."?!? Eduardo Faleiro??

Sunith

Portuguese Colonising The Minds of Their Goan Subjects.
We should thank them for that. They taught Goans honesty, gave them
character, a devotion to God and a love and appreciation of the good
things of life. Never mind the susegado, look where all those values
took Goans.

So don't look forward just yet to any enduring return of overseas Goans
back to Goa or India or the current trickle turning into a flood.

--
Sunith D Velho
[EMAIL PROTECTED]