           * * *  2006  ANNUAL  GOANETTERS MEET - GOA  * * *
WHERE: Foodland Cafe - Miramar Residency - Miramar, Goa

WHEN: December 21, 2006 @ 4:00pm

More info:

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2006-December/051747.html

Hi Selma:

You are just about saying the same thing that Mario is trying to explain; except that you attempt to contend that the glass is “half-empty” rather than “half-full”.

Dwelling on, and embracing the positive/s will not hurt anyone, but the opposite (negative/s) invariably will.

By telling your child…dad’s bad or mom’s bad...will inculcate ample negativity in your child, but explaining (and demonstrating) that there’s a lot of goodness in dad/mom, despite his/her weaknesses… your child is more likely on dwell on the good side versus the ill side of it. The same applies to your subject discussion.

Wish you a fine day!

Joe Vaz

Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We all know that Mario passes off a lot of balderdash
camouflaged in verbosity.

The cultural mores of a society are determined by its
language, religion, food, art, values and all the
other components that together weave the fabric of
commonality. It is facile to think that religion is
separate from culture or that it is incapable of
negatively influencing society.

selma
-----------------------------------

--- Santosh Helekar wrote:

Secularism rejects religious chauvinism of all
types.
In a secular democracy Abrahamic religions are no
better than the Hindu culture of our ancestors nor
the
Muslim cultural practices that evolved in the Middle
East. All religious and non-religious beliefs are
equally good or bad.

Cheers,

Santosh

--- Mario Goveia wrote:

> In my opinion, the positive social and behavioral
> values of the Abrahamic religions stems from their
> religious teachings, our antisocial and unethical
> behavior is individual to each person and stems
from

Over 200000 Jobs @ naukri.com ! Choose The Best One http://naukri.com/tieups/tieups.php?othersrcp=4358