Joe Lobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> .........being retired has a lot of time for
> leisure. He introduced me to his regular watering
> hole in Mapusa........ a tiny but delightful place
> called  Mapusa Cabin on one of the side streets
> run by a genial gent called Peter DeSouza.

Thanks for the info Joe.
Some of us have already heard about the two of you and
your sessions at Mapusa Cabin :-)

Alfred,
Cafa Zuzarte must have been popular before my time.
The first trip I made to Goa without my parents was
for Expo 1984.

> As a true Goencar, when my thirst buds need
> quenching, I hold off till I return to the little
> taverna in my village, on the brink of the paddy
> fields where the ambience is great, and where my
> friends Pedro and Forsu and Vaman keep me company
> and make fun of me.
>  Somehow in such special company, the beer tastes
> better. And I still keep giving these guys a
> free round of drinks. I guess I am a sucker for
> punishment.

Mzee Shenzi,
I think I just found out why you are the only person
who has actually met Mario. The rest of the Goanetters
disappear as soon as they get that "Hey, can we meet?"
call.

> I have popped in at St. Xavier's Restaurant from
> time to time to see if I recognize anyone, but have
> not had much luck.

Maybe if you stay long enough to sip some of the
beers, someone will recognize you. And while you are
waiting, perhaps you could figured out a way to get
the waiters there to miscount the number of items
eaten from the plate placed on the table.....

Mervyn3.0