Thanks,

Well, I have enquired 3 different delegates (including 2 who were staying with us) all 3 say they don't remember Mr. Faleiro saying 'go to hell'. What they do remember him saying repeatedly (to the security) 'close the door' (meaning- Don't disturb, put them out and close the door). However, they were initially, allowed to stay in but ordered the security to 'close the door' when they started putting some questions to him which amounts to waste of time which was fast running out.

After closing the door, Mr. Faleiro did explain the 40 odd delegates there about his action. To this, more than half of the delegates gave a round of applause to show that they too agree with Mr. Faleiro. About 10 minutes later, the interacting session was over and all vacated the hall only to find the waiting press just outside the exit door of the hall (inside the secretariat)

When the press was told clearly 'they are not allowed inside' they should have respected that and at least stay outside the hall to interview the delegates on their way out. But instead, the press (a group of about 8 with Cameras/mike etc) made a forced entry through the little back door located to the left of the dais shouting slogans like 'Shame Shame' 'Murdabad' etc

It seems, some delegates there were bit concerned about this forced entry as this amounts to breach of security at high security buildings such as this one (Secretariat/Assembly building and offcourse the safety of NRI delegates).

I may write more on GGC Right now, I am busy, today being 3 kings feast at Chandor, Cansaulim & Reis Magos-Verem. As one cannot attend all the 3 feasts and Friends/relatives same time, decided to visit today to Verem/Chandor and tomorrow (7th Jan) to Cansaulim where I have too many friends plus I am the Chief Guest at one of the 2 Tiatrs there.

Next, some one may want to know on this..
'SGF Convenor restrained from attending Global Goans Convention'

[GOAN-NRI] "Go to hell" Hi Joe. Put some light on this news
 Go to hell', Eduardo tells journalists

BY HERALD REPORTER

PANJIM, JAN 4 - Was the Government trying to suppress the voice of NRGs attending the
three-day Global Goans' convention 2007?

While the open session on day-two started at 3.45 pm at the Secretariat in Porvorim, members
of the media, surprisingly, were not allowed to attend the session.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

for Goa & NRI related info...

Konkani Songs, Goan Photos, Tiatr/Film VCDs, Bank interest rates etc etc
 (for updates etc click below)