Wonders never cease in our wondeful Goa! Newspaper headlines proclaim:"Government Orders Scrutiny of Regional Plan!" We all thought that the Plan had been discussed/circulated in the Cabinet and, after due scrutiny,it had been notified in the Official Gazette
in November 2006. This is the least one would expect from a responsible
body such as the Cabinet, particularly in view of the vital
impact which the enactment will have on Goa's very future.

It is basic management practice to have such plans formulated by the planners after public discussion and consultation with the stake-holders concerned, after which they are put up to the concerned authority (in this case, the Cabinet) where they are expected to be thoroughly studied and scrutinised before being approved and notified. It is only in our wonderland of Goa that the procedure is made to stand on its head and reversed! The Plan is first notified and then subjected to scrutiny by the very peolple who formulated it in the first place!

Former test cricketer Mohinder Amarnath is reported to have called the Selection Committee "a bunch of jokers." Applying
the same epithet to our powers-that-be would amount to an insult to jokers!

Satyameva Jayate!

Benaulim, Goa:
6th. Jan.2007
---Tony