* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *
         T H I S    S P A C E    C A N    B E    Y O U R S
      Advertise your Product(s) and  Service(s) on Goanet
         &   S u p p o r t   G o a n e t   o p e r a t i o n s
   F o r   d e t a i l s   c o n t a c t  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi Gabe
 I understand that Rommel (whom I met once as a youngster on my travels),
did not manage to pull it off when trying to get into medical school at
Princeton. His former institution, also  Princeton, for his first degree,
apparently spotted what he had said about being part black and receiving
financial support from a colony of  leppers in Goa for his education. It
therefore obstructed the admission to medical school for this blatant
untruth.  The matter went further when Rommel sued Princeton for
interference at the admissions stage and he lost the case. I only found out
all this relatively recently and not from Rommel nor his family. Nor am I
absolutely certain of all these facts because I think Harvard also enters
the picture.

This is a very strange story, but possibly, the very high cost of medical
education in prestigous American institutions may have led to this bizarre
set of events. Possibly, Rommel was seeking the kind of financial  support
available only to black students. I say this because I am aware that some
Goans and other Asians in the USA feel quite sore that scholarships are not
available to them when  indeed they may be considerably less well-off than
black student recepients. This was, of course, part of the Affirmative
Action policy than in place.

In the circumstances, I hope that we on Goanet can be compassionate when a
Goan like Rommel may have been driven to subterfuge (even when definitely
unethical) in a desperate quest for a medical education. It is a pity that,
somehow, nobody could advise him that he was entirely wrong and very
confused. Indeed, he was perhaps ill with acute anxiety to present such a
daft story to university authorities who would have already known him for
four years!
Cornel