On Dec 21, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Dr. Ferdinando dos Reis Falcão wrote:
(1) "Surely, no one who resides in countries which ban certain product imports
would attempt to bring the product in the country. Neither would the airlines
who know the country rules would permit it."

(2) " What we are discussing is exactly the opposite; that a carrier refuses to
transport to a destination country that permits the cargo."

Dear Dr. Falcão,
wrt (1) : I disagree. Our Goans are still trying to swing Goa sausages into the
US. And, they are long time US citizens.

wrt (2) : there must be a reason. Best for the airline involved to explain why.
Perhaps unrelated but I know of many Sashitacars who have no problem with
fisherwomen bringing their catch into the bus - as they travel from Baradi to
Margao; I know others who would.
.
jc