GOA ITP <goa...@gmail.com> has announced a press conference
to be held in Panjim on February 9, 2015 at 3-4 pm. A press
release says:

          Goa IT Professionals (GITP) is a registered
          association of IT professionals from the Indian and
          global Information Technology (IT) and IT enabled
          Services (ITeS) industry with specific focus on
          promoting the cause of IT-ITeS industry in Goa.
          With our vision of 'Goa -- The self-sustaining and
          eco-friendly IT-ITeS Innovation capital of India by
          2024!', we are ready to mobilize our 8000+ members
          to intellectually and physically contribute towards
          achieving the same.

Based on the vast experience of our members in the global,
Indian and the nascent Goan IT-ITeS industry we had submitted
a memorandum to the Goa Government and Goan political
leadership on July 17, 2014. In it we had presented
opportunities, demands and innovative solutions to promote a
green and self-sustaining IT-ITeS industry in Goa.

IT-ITeS industry is one of the most Green, Clean and
Intellectual industries in the world ideally suited for the
highly creative, passionate, literate and, environmentally
and identity conscious Goans.  And also for Goa given its
semi-urban infrastructure across the state with reasonably
stable electric power supply and high-speed broadband
network.  That covers all key essentials for the IT-ITeS
industry, which will also generate significant local
employment for a wide range of skill sets from highly
technical to semi-technical and service oriented tasks.
However the traditional Indian IT-ITeS model based on large
IT Parks for economies of scale -- which has led to
widespread urban unsustainable saturation in some places –
needs significant adaption leveraging latest Information and
Communication Technologies (ICT) advancements for long term
relevance and success in a unique place like Goa.  All this
put together will help reverse the prevalent brain drain of
Goan educated workforce and, with the right regulations in
place, to arrest the influx of undesired workforce into Goa
and preserve the much treasured Goan identity, heritage and
environment.  Hence it is imperative that all Goans strongly
support set up of a well-planned model of IT-ITeS industry in Goa.

          Taking GITP's commitment to a new level, a
          passionate GITP Core Team has travelled from
          Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore to Goa to meet a wide
          range of local stakeholders ranging from political
          leaders (from Chief Minister, Member of Parliament
          to Independent MLAs), bureaucrats (Director-IT, ),
          bodies (Investment Promotion & Facilitation Board),
          Social Groups (Goa Bachao Andolan etc.), startups
          and educational institutions to garner local
          support, understand local concerns/challenges and
          collaboratively brainstorm creative solutions to
          make IT-ITeS happen in Goa in the very near future.
          Some meetings have successfully happened today i.e.
          Chief Minister, Industries Minister, Assembly
          Speaker, IPFB committee etc.  while the rest are
          lined up for the next three days.

GITP would like to inform the Goan media community about its
accomplishments from this Goa trip, its vision for a green
and sustainable IT-ITeS industry in Goa, and, its
collaborative next steps with all relevant stakeholders to
achieve this vision. Hence we request your kind presence at
our PRESS CONFERENCE as per details below: