Sub"  fake notes circulating in Goa.
I have also comes across a Rs 1000/- note looking exactly the same as
original , but only the machine detects it seems . The bank employees also
says that it is difficult even for them to say that the note genuine.I
think this is a serious problem and who knows that if there are also of
 lower currency notes. The investigation by Police is necessary and they
should proceed to the angle from foreigners side, who might be having
 sophisticated xerox machines which are being printed especially in North
Goa.  People and foreigners residing at Arambol  must be investigated.
Also we have nowadays sophisticated technology in printing in various
Printing  houses and shops who can do such printing of fake notes? This
should be also investigated and close the establishment for ever if found
guilty.
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR THE PUBLIC TO CARRY WITH THEM THE CURRENCY NOTE
CHECKING MACHINES. GOVERNMENT MUST SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WHICH IS SERIOUS.
Stephen DiasD.Paula
Fake notes racket grips Goa's ArambolTNN | Feb 17, 2015, 02.00 AM IST
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Fake-notes-racket-grips-Goas-Arambol/articleshow/46268151.cms>
inShare
Comments
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Fake-notes-racket-grips-Goas-Arambol/articleshow/46268151.cms?#write>
More
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Fake-notes-racket-grips-Goas-Arambol/articleshow/46268151.cms?prtpage=1>
READ MORE Indian <http://www.speakingtree.in/topics/journey/indian>|Fake
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/fake>|Currency
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Currency>|ATMs
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/ATMs>|Arambol
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Arambol>
RELATED

   - Rise in circulation of fake currency notes

<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Rise-in-circulation-of-fake-currency-notes/articleshow/45278652.cms>
   - Two brothers arrested with fake currency

<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Two-brothers-arrested-with-fake-currency/articleshow/45379433.cms>
   - 2 held with fake currency of 2L value

<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/varanasi/2-held-with-fake-currency-of-2L-value/articleshow/45473180.cms>
   - Two women caught circulating fake currency in local fair

<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bareilly/Two-women-caught-circulating-fake-currency-in-local-fair/articleshow/45480163.cms>
   - Four Chennai men sentenced to imprisonment for circulating fake
   curre...

<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Four-Chennai-men-sentenced-to-imprisonment-for-circulating-fake-currency-notes/articleshow/45548475.cms>

MAPUSA: Circulation of fake Indian currency in Arambol is a cause for
concern for tourists exchanging money. Many have complained about the
receipt of fake notes in recent days.

The economy of Arambol runs mainly of tourism where thousands of foreign
tourists visit the world-famous beach.

The gang operating the fake currency racket is preying off the foreign
tourist's inability to identify genuine notes. "It is almost impossible for
the common man to identify counterfeit currency with the naked eye, imagine
the situation of the foreigners," a businessman from Arambol told TOI.

"I had come across three fake notes, of 1000 denomination, two of 500
denominations and one of 100 denomination; I was aware of their counterfeit
nature so I tore up the notes but what about people who don't know how to
handle fake notes? They may exchange it and authorities may term them the
source of the problem. Authorities should look into the matter," a villager
said.

The matter first came to light when a businessman from Arambol after the
recovery of his money went to the bank to deposit it. The bank official
detected the fake money. The source of the fake notes could not be traced
as he had collected the money from several people.

Sources also said that some ATMs have been dispensing fake notes recently.

The matter first came to light when a businessman from Arambol, after the
recovery of his money, went to the bank to deposit it.

Stay updated on the go with Times of India News App. Click here
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/mobileapplist/7404562.cms?utm_source=articleshow_bottom&utm_medium=showpage&utm_campaign=articleshow>
download it for your device.