After being in office for over nine long months Narendra Modi has proved to
be very short sighted with miserably lacking the vision and insight to be a
tall leader. He has over excelled in his enticing speeches but is failing
desolately in delivery unable to look beyond his sidekick Amit Shah.  India
being the world’s largest democracy there can never be room for a one man
stage managed rule.

Narendra Modi having flushed hundreds of crores to become Prime Minister is
now on the job making it up. So there is no sign of the promised
transparency and good governance with corruption continuing unabated in
added vigor. The BJP has repeatedly displayed total intolerance to any
criticism.   Ironically while in the Opposition the BJP showed all
humbleness and masqueraded around with all good values but once in power
their arrogance has hit the hilt. We have all been witness to democratic
values being trampled on and voices of dissent ruthlessly crushed. On how
most of the Press is sought to be muzzled and manipulated less said the
better. Even the Judiciary has not been spared. The BJP is well suited only
to be in the Opposition as Power in their hands can be lethal.

Lord Acton had said “Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts
absolutely”. How true, we have seen it all over with Narendra Modi as Prime
Minister.

Aires Rodrigues

Advocate High Court

C/G-2, Shopping Complex