*Sporting Clube de Goa seek Odafa’s scoring touch*

As soon as they knew that the three time golden boot winner Odafa Oneyka
Okoli was available, Sporting Clube de Goa were the quickest of the blocks
and succeeded in getting the prized signature. The transfer formalities
were completed at the clubs headquarters in Panjim, today.

Odafa had rejoined Churchill Brothers at the start of the season hoping to
guide his former club back to I-League glory, but after the club were not
allowed to take part in this seasons I-League, Odafa had been getting a
little restless when the Goa Pro League came to an end.

Sporting Goa is currently bottom of the I-League table with just three
points from eight matches. The recent introduction of the defensive duo
Sandesh Jhinghan and Miguel Garcia steadied the ship.

It’s now goals they are after. They have dominated teams and created ample
opportunities but have frustratingly fallen short inside the opposition’s
box, with only three goals so far.

With Churchill Alemao giving his blessing for the sake of his favourite
football son’s career and the better interests of Goan football, it looks
like Odafa joining Sporting Goa is a marriage made in heaven.

Speaking on the occasion, Odafa expressed his happiness in being back in
the top flight of Indian Football and promised to take up the challenge of
putting Sporting Goa back on the map.

“I am delighted to have signed for the Flaming Oranje. Their current
position does not give a true account of the pedigree and the stature of
the club and I will play my part in helping my new team mates get back on
track,” remarked Odafa.

Odafa’s journey in Indian football started in 2003 in Kolkata with
Mohammedan Sporting, before moving to Bangladesh for a short stint with
Muktijoddha.

He soon returned to India in 2005 with Churchill Brothers where his sheer
athleticism and eye for goal started to flourish. Between 2007and 2010 he
was the I-League’s highest goal scorer for three straight seasons, while
also helping Churchill Brothers to win the I-League in 2009.

His success led to a big money move to Kolkata where he donned the colours
of Mohun Bagan for three years before moving back to Varca.

“The name Odafa Onyeka Okoli is synonymous with goals in Indian football.
We believe his addition to the team will give us that much needed boost.
His track record speaks for its self,” stated Sporting Clube de Goa
President Peter Vaz.

PHOTO:  Sporting Clube de Goa President Peter Vaz unveiling new signing
Odafa Oneyka Okoli.

--
CONNECT WITH US:

www.sportingclubedegoa.com