Manohar Parrikar gave distant Canacona the most
beautiful Bus Stand in the state and a new hospital
building. The ‘non-performing’ (Parrikar’s term)
Congress b*****ds (excuse my language) cannot even
make it operational after almost two years.
The luxury of dialysis for kidney patients at Canacona
still remains a dream even after topping the least of
kidney patients in the state (officially) for the last
two decades. Incredible as it is there are over a
thousand renal failure patients fighting for a few
more days in Canacona with a population of not more
than 40,000 people.
Parrikar is an effective administrator, a do-er.  And
a man with common sense.  He knows the slice of the
cake depends on the size of the cake. You obviously
cannot expect a big slice for a small cake. But at
least we get the cake (read IFFI, Canacona Bus Stand
and a new hospital building.) What is special about
the Congress is that they don’t need a cake to get
their slices.
Perhaps Parrikar is the best CM Goa has had as far as
effectiveness as an administrator is concerned. But
with his Khaki shorts on he is also the most dangerous
man.
A show piece like the bus stand and all types of
infrastructure development would be meaningless
without peace.
The threat the BJP poses to Goa’s legendary peaceful
life is far more dangerous than all the negatives of
all the parties put together. Remember Goa has all the
ingredients for a devastating communal fire.  A demand
like we want our temples back could lead to a few more
Babris. We have seen a few trailors of what the BJP
has on its agenda. To allow it to show us the full
movie could be an invitation to disaster.
Regards

Tony Martin

  Anthony M Barreto aka Tony Martin
  Freelance Writer and Author