*THE PATHANKOT TERRORIST ATTACK*
The VIP syndrome played a big part in terrorists breaching the security
cordons. This superiority and privileged status left over from the Raj
days, have become a millstone around the nations neck and has no place in a
Democracy. Hordes of VIPs are permitted to skip security procedures, get
priority, are permitted shortcut access right up to the aircraft and
restricted spaces etc which they misuse for their friends and relatives.
The Constitution and the Supreme Court has laid down only five statutory
authorities entitled to VIP exemptions. Even a SP vehicle  with blue light
gets VIP exemptions and  this is hazardous to the nation where terrorists
use serrvice uniforms in addition to make use of this syndrome! The
Pathankot attack proves this!Thus the VIP syndrome becomes an accomplice by
default . Isn't it high time Parliament legislates strictly by the
Constitution and Supreme Court directions on this VIP mindset and
proliferation it has encouraged? Author unknown "Woe to the nation that
hates oppression in her sleep and accepts it in her awakening.That raises
her voice only behind a coffin.That does not revolt until her neck is
placed on a scaffold".
Our nation mindset of politicians and their drivers and hanger-ons need to
be changed by strong public opinion and massive reaction by all those being
affected directly! The Supreme Court has acted and they could employ
contempt suo motto or if a PIL reminds them asking for follows up!