**** WWW.GOANET.ORG ** C O M M U N I T Y ** A N N O U N C E M E N T ****
                Goa Sudharop to Release Goan Seniors E-book

            May 8, 2007 at 5:30pm at Hotel Mandovi, Panaji, Goa
                         www.goasudharop.org

See Pic here
http://www.hindu.com/2007/05/09/images/2007050901471401.jpg

What are the main issues the SGF/Churchill plans to take up for the assembly
elections?

In an interview to GT, he aswers the above question as follows:
I have been telling people of Goa tiem and again that the Save Goa Front will
fight the coming
Assembly elections on seven issues. We will raise local issue like
1.SCRAPPING OF MOPA AIRPORT and upgradation of existing Dabolim Airport
2.SCRAPPING OF EXPRESSWAY
3.REGIONAL PLAN FOR GOA
4.GRANTING RECONGNITION OF KONKANI IN ROMAN SCRIPT
5.SCRAPPING OF SEZs
6.BEBEFITS TO SCHEULDED TRIBES
7.RE-STARTING OF PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM AT SUBSIDISED RATES.

JoeAdds: (how about..)
8.  Re start of bull-fights
9.  DVC code-Part II (if any)
10. Re-opening of Fatrade Gold Biscuits chase/Case just to find out where all
the biscuits
gone?
11. TV-Sting operation and MPLAD funds

How many seats the SGF would win?
I am confident of winning a majority of seats in Goa and that is the reason why
I have
resigned. You wait and watch the assembly results

JoeSays:
Churchill lost Benaulim  (his home) assembly seat in 2002, inspite of his
defeat, the Congress
gave him ticket to contest the Lok Sabha election in 2004 (if not, his
political career would
have been over by now).
If congress was so bad, I wonder what made him to take so long to leave
Congress? I mean, why
he kept on delaying?

"We still do not understand from whom Mr. Alemao is trying to save Goa. It is
probably from
him that Goa has to be saved" says Mr. Sidarth Patel  All India Congress
Committee secretary
(NT 9/5/07)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Goa & NRI related info...