CONVENTION OF THE GOAN DIASPORA FROM GOA INTO THE WORLD
Lisbon, Portugal June 15-17, 2007 Details at:
http://www.goacom.org/casa-de-goa/noticias.html

FN writes:
>>So, Sunith, what is your specific demand?

My demands are as follows:
*Ban all forms of Religious teaching in state funded schools.
*Stop parading religious fiction as plausible scientifc theory in all
schools(private and public)
*Stop the using of schools(private and public)  to brainwash young children
with teachings based on dogmas, instead teach them that nothing is beyond
the realm of reason.

>>I have no problem with what Mario believes... (that's >>his problem).Even
>>though I don't agree with him.Please tell me why I should be concerned
>>about his belief....

I am concerned about his beliefs because, my spam filters(now that they are
working) overflow every few days with his unsolicited mails. What he or his
kind are doing to the US school system is none of my concern. If ID was
being taught in Indian schools I would be concerned.

Closer to home, what right wing religious zealots such as MM Joshi in India
are trying to do to our education system because of their private
(religious) beliefs is of great concern to me. Are you saying that I should
not be concerned when an HRD minister believes astrology is a science and
tries to force it into the science curriculum?

If the next Economic Minsiter of India privately believes in numerology,
should I share your attitude?

Should we also assume that people's private beliefs have no bearing on the
way they conduct themselves in public life?

Selma has rightly pointed out the perils of an approach that condones
illogical and sometimes dangerous beliefs in the name of being tolerant
towards other cultures and religions.

Sunith

Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]