CONVENTION OF THE GOAN DIASPORA FROM GOA INTO THE WORLD
Lisbon, Portugal June 15-17, 2007 Details at:
http://www.goacom.org/casa-de-goa/noticias.html

Hey guys, excuse me for my poor Hinglish, my mother tongue is still
Konkanim. I am having great time reading your emails specially the ones on
elections. Everyone has the right to share  his own views on a candidate or
a party, however biased or honest he/she may be.  In my opinion, most of the
articles are biased, which you may disagree.

What is not right is to discredit people because he/she may be supporting a
candidate which you do not like or vice verse. It appears that there are lot
of people in this forum who support Congress whose leaders are very corrupt.
May be because this forum is mostly catholic.  I agree there are lots of
opportunities for the Catholics if Congress comes to power. They  will have
easy access to the ministers to bribe them to do their dirty work. Imagine
if there was no Congress in the last 2 years. What would have happened? I
hate to say it, but catholics need corrupt people in power to survive
because corruption has become part of our culture. Save Goa Front led by
Catholics was formed to serve as an alternative to Congress; many of its
candidates are contesting elections for the first time. I would have
imagined that Catholics would be happy to support this new party. But no,
they want to vote for the corrupt. They will not even vote for the
independents, some of whom are honest persons. Why vote for them when they
will not do our dirty illegal work. It only confirms that corruption is now
embedded in our DNA. It does not matter that Goa lands are sold to outsiders
by the corrupt politicians in the form of Regional plan or SEZ, etc, as long
as my wishes are fulfilled. Goa already has sizable portion of migrants that
prompted former PM Deve Gowda's party (Janata Dal) to field 2 Kanadigas for
the elections, and even went to the extent of demanding Kannada as a second
language, though he later back tracked. But he has already poisoned the
minds of the migrants. It is only a matter of time that Kannada will be a
second language.

It is also amazing to see that some people who supported GBA protest on
Regional Plan 2011 are now supporting Congress. What happened? Very soon,
Goans will be ruled by the migrants, thanks for the voters who led us there.

J. Miranda

Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]