                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

       International Cuisine Conference on Traditional Asian Diet
    Panaji, Goa, September 2-5, 2007  -  http://www.indologygoa.in
              Online Media Partner:  http://www.goanet.org

Gabe wrote to C.A. Bhandare
>after all we don't do that, about your former beliefs, or
>affiliations and your brethren therefrom ?

Actually many people have done that, not including you Gabe. Hindus have
been derided as backward animal worshippers on this forum by quite a few
people.

We have also seen the issues of Sati and the Caste system brought up, just
like Mr. Bhandare has  brought up the issues of SFX's Inquisition and
rampant paedophilia by priests. This is the 'God is MY buddy' syndrome that
Mervyn Lobo is talking about.

>If you choose, to be like our friend Cornell, or Santosh, then so be it.
>Cornel, has stated his beliefs or unbeliefs, but he would, never ever,
>object to >someone else's beliefs, that goes, too for Santosh.

Not true. Santosh has  been speaking out against irrational beliefs ever
since Goanet started and Cornel does too. What they do not do is attack
beliefs they perceive as harmless. I also believe Santosh has a generous
annual award for those who promote reasoning and rationality. He is much
like the moderate version of Periyar E.V.Ramaswamy, arguably modern India's
most effective social reformer.

Sunith Velho