                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

       International Cuisine Conference on Traditional Asian Diet
    Panaji, Goa, September 2-5, 2007  -  http://www.indologygoa.in
              Online Media Partner:  http://www.goanet.org

Dear Fred:

Please take some time if u could, to carefully read my
posts

At no point in time have I justified any act of
violence commited by the hindu right wing nor have I
given any lengthy explanations as to why Manu or the
caste system  or the sati was right

Please dont try to create the impression that I am
trying to make it "my religion is better than yours"
issue here

My point has simply been that those who claim to stand
for religious tolerance and pluralism and liberalism
should condemn Manu and Francis xavier using the same
yardstick

One cant be a "apostle of peace" and "product of his
time" while other a racist bigot

Gabe Averthanus and others have openly supported the
act of Churchill wrt INOX and Da vinci code but are
qucik to condemn bajrang dal

Of course Gabe has given some convoluted explanation
for it too but even dara singh has one for burning
Staines alive

Regards

C A Bhandare

FareChase.