UNHCR DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
The CAA is obviously not in line with international human rights law nor with
our Constitution as it is based on religion. People all over India across the
board, and also some Indians abroad have been agitating against it but
government by its brute majority is organizing pro CAA agitations and going out
of its way in supressing it, creating divisions and violent agitations and
counter agitations that is no good for investments nor development, drowning
concentration on vital matters like increasing job loss, sinking economy,
modern education science and technology, sky rocketing prices, urgent need for
boosting agriculture, health, tackling corona virus more seriously  and
unreliable infrastructure which are ground realities for the common man! Tell
even one untruth and cover up decisively will only go so far! We are not China
or Pakistan and the world has admired our soft power of unity in diversity,
democracy, morality and rule of the law. The CAA concerns every citizen of
India in as much as it is based on religion and is destroying basics of our
Constitution!The 12 page intervention application by the UNHCR is doing its job
by holding India to higher standards of Democracy and Constitutional propriety
to "We The People". The Supreme Court of India has the matter officially filed
befor it, but neither has it given a stay order nor decided on its legality.
Hence perhaps the request to make it a party to the SC litigation, which matter
should be taken seriously and not brushed off as intereference in our
sovereignity. Iran has also come up and besides the Delhi carnage, what more
will it take for peace and goodwill in these dangerous climes! Further, with
what face can we go to the UN in future if we do not respectfully consider it
when it differs with the government ?