Dear Fr.Pratap,

Thank you for the clarification about 'dhanvterem.'
I fully agree with you about adopting the names of new/foreign
items...with konkani orthography for convenience.

Mog asundi.
Miguel

pratap naik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Mr Miguel,
>
> Dhanvterem literally means "that which runs"  It does not mean either four
> wheeler or two wheeler.
For objects of foreign origin there is no need to coin artificial
local words.  English scooter  becomes Konknni 'skuttor'  English
'computer' becomes Konknni 'kompyuttor' and so on.