#2020-GBCC Goa Book Cover Challenge   Book 7 - A Book of Konknni Proverbs by
Edward de Lima

Our grandparents sparingly used their words. The usage of proverbs that were
used then still continue today. My mom's scolding in a single line when I am
late is, ‘Vetek chukta to vavank chukta, vavank chukta to ganvank chukta’ (He
who misses a palm’s span misses a fathom, he who misses a fathom, misses a
league.) Dr Edward De Lima's book, ‘Konknni Oparincho Kox’ – A book of Konknni
Proverbs is a compilation of Konkani proverbs both in Nagri and Roman scripts
and contains explanations and interpretations in Konkani and equivalent
proverbs in English.