                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

       International Cuisine Conference on Traditional Asian Diet
    Panaji, Goa, September 2-5, 2007  -  http://www.indologygoa.in
              Online Media Partner:  http://www.goanet.org

Hi Gilbert
I am disappointed that you will not let up on Kevin and me so that we could
also lay off! Yes it must be painful to be reminded about the evil of caste
racism shared by so many 'good' Catholic Goans. And yes, it would be easier
on you, if for even just once, you denounced the evil of caste embedded
within the Catholicism of your practising Catholic brothers and sisters. As
for Kevin, I have fond his posts eminently sensible on virtually everything
he has written.

By not ever denouncing caste, and by being critical of those who do, please
let it be known by you that, you are effectively supporting that great evil
my friend! In your President's words, "you are either with us or against
us." He was, of course, talking about the evil of "terror" while I have been
consistent about the evil of caste among Catholic Goans. I am therefore
puzzled as to why you are so exercised by my stance, as well as Kevin's,
while I doubt we have ever said that, we were weary of your uncritical and
strongly pro Catholic views on Goanet. Can you at least try to be fair and
less judgemental so that, as stated above, we could lay off these issues
too?

And to quote you for "standing on somebody-else's shoulders, to look tall is
a pretty pathetic mind-set" did it not strike you that, in this specific
instance, you were the one definitely standing on Bandare's shoulders to
look tall when neither Kevin nor I have ever stood on anyone-else's
shoulders because there was no need, and have instead, been strongly
independent as well as pretty coherent and articulate in stating what we
believe?

Cornel DaCosta, People's Vaddo, London, UK.

Gilbert Lawrence wrote:
The question I ask Kevin: Does your mind prevent you from having "a serious
discussion about anything without having your opinions influenced by" your
Catholic paranoia?

Goanetters can for themselves, look at Cornel's presentation about caste in
Goa and his perennial dragging the Church in this topic.
  Contrast that to Bhandare's even more extensive and illuminating write-up
on caste in Goa and India with absolute no reference to any religion.
Standing on somebody-else's shoulder, to look tall, is a pretty pathetic
mind-set.
  Kind Regards, GL

Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]