Good bye, Good bye to Rome, goes the song : we miss dean Martin. Our
Archdiocese does not encourage the use of the term 'Goa, Rome of the East'
It matters in the new political environment, and it is helpful to be
considerate of the feelings of a significant numberof our neighbours and
friends.
In that context, I can point to the threat made by Thackeray over the the
description of Bombay as a 'cosmopolitan'city.  He did succeed and, in any
case, regulations succeeded in decapitating the nice conglomerate that once
madefor a vibrant and joyous town.