Mahatma Gandhi had said “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s
needs, but not every man’s greed”.

It is precisely on account of this never ending greediness of those in
Power that Goa finds itself in the very sorry state that it has plummeted
to. This all round degradation and devastation accelerated and galloped,
over the last decade in particular, with those we elected to serve us
choosing instead to hurriedly make the best for themselves.

The fresh air that our forefathers enjoyed is now history. There has been
an absolute failure to ensure a clean and healthy environment. The
conservation and protection of Goa’s ecology was vital but in the name of
development we are facing the brunt and suffocated in a much polluted
atmosphere, while our forest cover, hills and fields vanishing.

Goa today finds itself enveloped in chronic administrative chaos with deep
rooted rampant organized corruption, nepotism and sheer bad governance. In
misgoverning the State it has been confusion, contradictions and
controversies galore with an unending string of reneged promises.

Despite being as optimistic as one can really be, realistically it is an
extremely uphill task to now rescue Goa from the current administrative
mess and restore the democratic and secular values while safeguarding for
posterity what little remains of our once beautiful and tranquil State.

Franklin Roosevelt, the 32nd President of United States of America had so
rightly said “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are
the Lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our
people”.
Adv. Aires Rodrigues

C/G-2, Shopping Complex

Ribandar Retreat