For almost two decades I have been enduring an agonising situation
wherein various
false, fabricated, fraudulent and fictitious complaints in my name have
been filed before various authorities against government officials and even
Judges. Equally concerning is the fact that since 2005 a barrage of RTI
applications were deceptively filed in my name.

Some years ago, I had taken great pains to write to the heads of all
departments across Goa to make them aware and to take note that all my
correspondence including the RTI applications to any authority was always
on my letterhead and never on plain paper. But the menace sadly continued
while the authorities were unable to nab the persons forging my signature.

Now, what is further and extremely concerning is that it is  over a year
that I have obtained Portuguese Citizenship but this menace of fraudulent
complaints and RTI applications being filed  in my name continues unabated
while unduly and malafiedly placing me in bad books with officials against
whom false and fabricated complaints are being initiated in my name.

Our identity is our most valuable possession and must be protected. Every
care must be taken to avoid such abuse and those that commit these
fraudulent acts must be apprehended and dealt with the full force of the
law. If we don’t act now to safeguard our privacy, we could all become
victims of identity theft.