                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****
                       The First Konkani E-Cinema

                      BLACK Nhesop Atanchem Fashion

      Premiers at Masrah, Hawalli Auditorium, Kuwait on Aug 10, 2007

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2007-August/060201.html

Dear Friend Fr. Jude,
What is it about the Nineteenth Sunday that is significant for
reflection? Are you going to send such reflections every week, and if
so are they part of your weekly sermon? If you do then can you
consider the following.

Considering that this is Goanet, and although the administrators have
been very gracious in allowing for a wide swath of postings, I feel
that messages should somehow attempt to touch upon a Goan thread.
However tangentially. Not by the fact that people on this net are
largely of Goan descent, but a more specific interjection. This would
serve Goans and perhaps help those from other communities understand
your perspective. Likewise if someone wishes to express other
perspectives ranging from why is it that there is a Brahma temple in
Goa (something unique), the Konkani Ramayana (does it parallel Valmiki
or is it more adbhut (wondrous)) or relating to the disttikarn; they
may do so. So your reflections although qualified in terms of
spiritual sustenance; would be more relevant if they struck closer to
home by pointing to a Goan strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps this
would necessitate pointing to degradation of any kind with regards to
Goans anywhere, to include those of us who are abroad, in various
states of grace, excess, exile, or plain oblivion. It would also not
be a bad idea if you gave your thoughts in these reflections. I
believe such an approach would have a wider appeal to people of all
persuasions.

The connection with West Side Story's Tony's sudden demise and the
suddenness of the Mans coming (where we may just encounter him around
he corner) is a bit heavy to relate to, simply because we do not need
such analogies. My mother would relate to it though! Its not that we
on this net are callous or extra smart, but with all due respect we
have to put more effort into making such relationships. I feel there
are many like him that we encounter daily, but are prone to ignoring
the goodness in them. Certainly one can make better plausible
arguments.

Asotak tan sotak amcam pavoi. Hi.n mojim don utran.

Venantius J Pinto