                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

       International Cuisine Conference on Traditional Asian Diet
    Panaji, Goa, September 2-5, 2007  -  http://www.indologygoa.in
              Online Media Partner:  http://www.goanet.org

An Appeal to Konkani lovers of London.

Through the columns of the Goanet, permit me to appeal to all lovers of
Konkani culture, esp. the Goanetters based in London, to attend the
forthcoming Tiatr 'Him Mannkam Konnank Zai?', presented for the first time
in London, by the Pilar Fathers(UK) .
The drama is written by Rev. Fr. Lucas Rodrigues,sfx.

The Missionaries of SFX, popularly known as the Pilar Fathers, have been in
the UK for more than a decade. After having sheperded the flock at Deptford
for 5 years, they are now running a  vibrant and active parish of SS Peter
and Paul church in Mitcham, Surrey.
As stated earlie, the 1st show will be held on Saturday, 18th August at 2.00
pm at Bishop La Franc School, Croydon Road, Mitcham and the second one is
will be on the following saturday, 25th August, at Copland School, Wembley
at 2.00 pm.
he proceeds of the project will go towards the Retired Priests Fund of the
Society.
An earnest appeal to all to show solidarity not only to the Pilar Fathers,
but towards the greater cause of the Konkani culture--the most potent
vehicle through which we can express our Goan identity but which has long
suffered due to apathy and neglect by  its own sons and daughters.

Tickets available at the venue or with Pilar Fathers on 020 8648 2101.

Thank you.
J Mario  E Fernandes
London

Spice up your IM conversations. New, colorful and animated emoticons. Get
chatting! http://server1.msn.co.in/SP05/emoticons/

                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

 Enjoy Goa cartoonist, Alexyz Fernandes, daily take on contemporary issues

                         www.alexyztoons.com