                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

       International Cuisine Conference on Traditional Asian Diet
    Panaji, Goa, September 2-5, 2007  -  http://www.indologygoa.in
              Online Media Partner:  http://www.goanet.org

I am interested in publishing stories/recollections of Goan stewards who
worked in the former  East African Railways & Harbours administration(or the
former K.U.R.-Kenya & Uganda Railways).

Those of us who lived and worked in East Africa will remember the
smartly-turned out Stewards and Catering staff of the railways. In fact
during the visit of the then Princess Elizabeth(our present Queen Elizabeth
II to Kenya in 1952),  Mr. P.I.M. Fernandes was chosen as the Chef on the
Royal train.

OLD AFRICA, a Kenya-based magazine to which I contribute articles and
subscribe, is keen to publish such stories of early pioneers, and I feel
that the great contribution that these men made should be recorded for
posterity.

  Anyone interested can contact me at:

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

 Enjoy Goa cartoonist, Alexyz Fernandes, daily take on contemporary issues

                         www.alexyztoons.com