                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

    Follow the online presence of the Museum of Christian Art, Old Goa
 Contacts: Tel: +91 832 2285299  Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                http://christianartmuseum.goa-india.org/

Goinkars Own Academy  -  Karachi,Pakistan
==========Message for World Goa Day 2007
20th August 2007 -Deborah Santamaria

On  behalf  of  the  Goans of Pakistan, we wish
Goans the world over as they come together on a
single platform to celebrate "WORLD GOA DAY".
Initially just  a  few  countries  participated
and today many Goan Associations the world  over
have  come together to celebrate this  auspicious
day which was the brain child of  Rene Barreto.

The  Goinkars Own Academy in association with many
other organizations came into being and joined hands
with Goans the world to celebrate World Goa Day to
promote  TOGETHERNESS.  In order to maintain our
identity, we hope  that more  Goans  come forward
to continue this journey of Togetherness,  keeping
our culture, music,art, and most of all our language
Konkani alive.

I would like to invite Goans the world over to join our
e-group and share with us your ideas suggestions enabling
us to add value to our commitments.

Our Executive Committee Members:

Deborah & Nassy Santamaria
Lovita & Marshall Fernandes
Gavin & Rosalind D'Lima
Marie Anna & Gerry Croning
Karen & Adrian Fletcher
Carol & Fabian Bob

We have made a significant effort towards progression
of our association and look forward to continuing this
journey of togetherness "PROUD TO BE A GOAN".

World Goa Day celebrations in Karachi will be held in
September.

Details of which will be posted to our e-group.

Deborah Santamaria
President,
Goikars Own Academy ,
Karachi, Pakistan

Monday, August 20, 2007

-----------

Goenkars !

Despite all the problems Our Goans in Pakistan have
to go through , they MAKE the TIME to come TOGETHER,
to work TOGETHER and celebrate TOGETHER their GOAN
CULTURAL HERITAGE.

I feel very PROUD to be associated with the Goans of
Pakistan , I would also encourage all exPakistanGoans
wherever they may be to  SUPPORT the Goan Associatiion
in PAKISTAN in whatever way they can , they are the
Goans that have been left behind.

Join their egroup , send them your messages of support ,
I believe they need our support and help as much as the
Goans in Goa.

     Always have a GOOD word for our fellow Goans, for that
word may be YOUR last !

     God bless Goa and its people wherever they may be.

rene barreto
WORLD GOA DAY - 20.8.2007
=========================

    Goan Global Children Art Competition 2007
    000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
    000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

    Global Goan Children's Art Competition 2007
is a world wide competitionwhich will give young
goans an opportunity to bring out their talent in
arts Organized by the GOINKARS OWN ACADEMY,  in
Pakistan in conjunction with Goan Overseas
Associations, Friends of Goa & in partnership
with Gallery Attic, Goa, India, to celebrate
World Goa Day 2007. This competition is a
first of its kind and will be held in UK,
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Africa,
Macau, Portugal, Brazil, Pakistan and India.
Its purpose is to stimulate awareness and
support among young Goans worldwide towards
the environmental and cultural preservation
of GOA.

This competition is being coordinated by
representatives from each country.

    Rules: for Submission:-

    Eligibility: -
    Students 7-14 years of age are eligible to enter.

    Catagories:-
    Water Color
    Oil Painting
    Sketch/Drawing
    Mixed Media

    Criteria For Judging:-
    ? Creativity, visual appeal & originality
    ? Portrayal of theme & content
    ? Composition & technique
    ? Degree of expertise in the chosen medium
    ? The competition is open to all full-time primary
    & secondary students
    (7-14 years).
    ? Only Art work with the completed and signed entry
      form are eligible.
    It is a condition of entry that the entry form must
    have all the information as required on the entry form

    completed in full.
    ? Entry form must include artist's name, age, year,
    home address, home phone number/e-mail, name of school
    and grade, school address including country code
    name/phone number/fax number/e-mail address.
    ? Entry form must include title of work, brief
     description & meaning of work, signature of artist,
     and signature of parent, guardian or teacher.
    ? The artist warrants and represents that all artwork
       entered is original and has not been exhibited
elsewhere previously.
    ? Only original artwork will be accepted. E-mail
entries will not be
    accepted. Entries must be submitted in flat format.
    ? Closing date for entries is 21st September 2007.
Entries submitted
    after this date will not be accepted. NO LATE ENTRIES.
    ? Finalists and Winners will be notified by e-mail or
phone.
    ? Artists may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
    ? All artwork submitted should be no larger than A3
size (29.7x42cm)
    ? No text / words to be included in the artwork.
    ? All artwork will be presented to a judging panel.
Entries will be
    judged using a rating against the 4 prescribed
criteria.
    ? The winner and two other finalists will receive
awards.
    ? The Judges' decision is final and no correspondence
will be entered
    into.

    Entries to be sent to:
    Deborah Santamaria
    c/o St Anthony's Church, Mc Neil Road Karachi

    For further details contact:
    Deborah Santamaria
    World Goa Day Coordinator
    Member Alliance of Goan Overseas Association
    Email:goinkars_own_ [EMAIL PROTECTED] com
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====================================

WORLD GOA DAY - is a day set aside by Goans wherever
they may be , a day to CLEBRATE their GOAN CULTURAL
HERITAGE and All things Goan !

Join BASILIO MAGNO and sing along the song:
PROUD TO BE GOAN at >       GOANET :
-
http://www.goanet.org/images/topics/AE/Music/ProudtobeGoan.mp3

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

http://worldgoadaymessages.blogspot.com/

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.