                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

    Follow the online presence of the Museum of Christian Art, Old Goa
 Contacts: Tel: +91 832 2285299  Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                http://christianartmuseum.goa-india.org/

Dear Augusto
Yes you are right when you said that your parents are the first teachers./ I
got my first education from the lap of my mother and later from my father.
My mother was old fourth standard drop out and my father was mere SSC
without final examination as his parents did not have Rs30 to take him to
vengurla and Rs 10 for the examination fees. Yet they taught me lots of
things. Apart from the 3 Rs my mother taught me fear of God, love of God and
prayers. But she taught me more by her deeds. She was a hard working woman
and did all the house work alone without grumbling. cooking, marketing,
washing of clothes. sweeping etc .all that a housewife does normally without
grumbling. I was too small to help her but I did what I could as a normal
child that is to increase her work. She had no enemies as she did not like
to fight with any one and always avoided a quarrel . She would not sit in
anyone's balcony for a gossip. If she got bored she would visit her mother
or her sister and chat for hours together.No plucking fruits. She did not
like fights. My father was a gentleman. He loved hard work. He never preach
anything, only practised. He was a simple man.He would help me with the
lessons and the way I had to learn .He loved to read and would sit and read
books whenever he got time. He never visited bars .If he wanted to drink he
would drink it at home so we knew how much he was drinking. He never kept
ill feelings in his heart and when angry he would give a bulging and that
was the end of it. Next time he himself would wish that person forgetting
even that he was angry with that person.He had soft corner for the poor and
the needy and though he himself was not that rich retired from the gulf at
very early age due to sickness he voluntered to give others if help was
needed. He would give proper advice to anyone who would ask him. He was a
very honest person and could entrust him with lots of money. When he was the
treasurer of a chapel he would treasure the money collected writing it down
in denominations and none of us were supposed to touch it .He did not care
much for his personal money but was very particular about other people's
money and would keep account  of the same pie to pie. He was not a greedy
person and showed no interest in other people's things or property. He was
satisfied with little that he had and never felt jealous if others had more.
He loved his family specially he loved my mother very much. We would direct
our petitions through mother like going for movies, village picnis. etc and
if we could convenience mother than it was easy to get NOC from dad. All the
people from the ward would visit my father for advice .I think this
education is more than enough and I praise God for giving me these sort of
parents . I have tried to use this education in my day to day life .My
parents specially my mother was able to give me this education and by her
deeds she was able to mould me without much shouting or struggling because
she was a devout housewife a devout mother and a devout wife .
albert

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out!
http://content.msn.co.in/Lifestyle/Default