                             GARCA BRANCA
                        VACATION ACCOMMODATION
                         LOUTULIM, SOUTH GOA.
 For R&R; modern/clean amenities; serene, healthy and wholesome location

Hello Goanetters,
I recently communicated with Roshan Pai for help with some words. Here
is a link to the GSB Konkani Dictionary he is a part of:
www.savemylanguage.org
It is managed by four individuals around the world.

Many Goans may not relate to some of the translations the site offers;
but we should remember that Konkani is quite amorphous, as is any
language that is well travelled. For instance, anger will translate as
kopu, and aakrodha (raag is not mentioned); the Fuzzy translate button
suggests possible analogues--aapaatkaalu, vipathi (both, danger),
bhayankara and apaayakaari (both, dangerous).

So here's to a language that asks so little of us, but gives a lot; at
least to those interested. Imagine making love (not excluding
ladainhas, pujas, and cursing across Sumerian geometrized fields) in
Konkani as opposed to in English, etc. A blast to last; to say the
least--even fine if only for procreation.

Venantius