                             GARCA BRANCA
                        VACATION ACCOMMODATION
                         LOUTULIM, SOUTH GOA.
 For R&R; modern/clean amenities; serene, healthy and wholesome location

Dear Miguel,
The dictionary is referred to as the GSB Dictionary by its creators. I
have not named it as such. Its true what you say about learning words
from other dialects or in Konkani itself, but it is not always so easy
as asking. I recollect requesting words for terms which encompass
sexuality, and there has been no response. Perhaps there is little
interest in such joys (of understading) and technicalities. I am
attaching that email below. Perhaps I did not kowtow enough to the
Konkani savants on this net. Sooner than later one finds out though.
As an aside, my grammar needs a lot of work, but that should not be a
precondition for building a vocabulary.
> Raag dori nakai tuka "kopu" hea utra'cho gothu na zalear ghi!
> Vichar'llear konn'nui sangtolo tukam ghi.

VJP trans of MB above:
Do not feel angry if you do not have an understanding of this word
anger. Upon asking anyone would reveal it to you.
Raag koslo Minguel bab. Chodd borem ami vorttea zaun, eka mekak niyal
diuc ani geunc; nhoim olki vostu manddunc ani somestank puttvonc.

Here my previous post:

Konkanint adar diun zata zalear chodd upkar

Mogal Goanet vangddeano,
Maca thodin utranchim shudd Konkanint bhashantor goroz assa. Him
uttram Konkannint, bhashe sambadi suddhu assonk zai hi moji asha. Uo
utaravol Inglezint "sexuality"-ntlo stithi sandharb zaun assa.

I have a need for having/seeing the translation of some words in
precise Konkani. My desire is that these Konkani words should be
precisely/closely analogous. This vocabulary (from the English) is
from the area of sexuality.

1. pusillanimous
2. provocateur
3. shrewd
4. sexuality: Heam fuddlem Inglezint utar--Polarity (Polaratik),
Konkanint mhunta Dhuvtai. Hea pormonnem, "sexuality" Konkannit
"lingtai" zaunk shakta? Vo him tin
hanvem ghodlelim uttrancher mattcho aplo niyal diyat-- lingponn, ling prakar,
ani linggnyan.

(The <following> English word--Polarity, translates into Konkani as
Dhuvtai Accordingly, could it be possible that "sexuality", in Konkani
be lingtai (applying the suffix tai to create the noun lingtai from
ling (which besides the masculine genital, is morever the generic base
in Konkani for words sexual -- lingbed, lingpisaant, lingkud, etc).
Perhaps, you will give some consider to these words which I have
formed -- linponn (as in pixxeaponn), ling prakar (as in quality),
linggnyan (knowledge). I do prefer lingtai if no other word exits,
which is perhaps not the case. But sexuality is a complex of
understanding in various languages.

I am primarilly referencing Rajhauns, Konkani Englsh Dictionary, and a
few other dictionaries -- realizing their inadequecies.

5. effete
6. ardour
7. coarse
8. predator
9. serial abuser
10. voyeur

Aoun tumchea sangatant ani istagotint,
((I am with you) In community and friendship)
Together in community and friendship

vjp

venantius j pinto