 TRI Continental Film Festival - Dona Paula, Goa, Sep 28 - Oct 2, 2007

http://www.moviesgoa.org/tricontinental/tricon.htm

For public viewing. Registration at  The International Centre Goa.  (Ph:
+91-832-2452805 to 10)

              Online Media Partner:  http://www.GOANET.org
Dear goanet readers
I am a goan who is mostly based in Gulf but travels round the world
including India as part of my work schedule. During my trip to India,i dont
miss any oppurtunity to visit  Goa besides my regular holidays to my
hometown in GOA.

What made be write this post is the two articles on goanet_SORROW LIES MY
LAND AND START NEW REVOLUTION.I have been reading GOANET for years as it
would give me some news about Goa.But, sadly as the time pased by, i found
that it has been HIJACKED  by few individuals  who are intelligent and
literate, for mudslinging and settling their own scores instead of
contributing articles which would help GOA make a better place.My humble
plea to all those indivisuals is to forget their personal differences, pride
and ego and put up a united front, if they really care about GOA. After all
i know that all of them are passionate about goa and want the same results
but may differ on what means to adapt.

I was very young when LIBERATION took place, but remember OPINION POLL,
having carried DON PANNA- everywhere.Everybody then thought GOA would be
heaven to live in.OVER the years i could hear my fathers generations which
included HINDUS AND MUSLIMS that we were far better off in many respect
during PORTUGUESE time and you still hear it in many places.
What happened to goa after so called LIBERATION.

First of all, DELHI BABUS ruled us as their slaves.Many of them came to Goa
for one Big Holiday to Feather their own nests and look after their own kith
and kins.They didnt care about goas development as they were deputionists
and made hay whilst the sun shined and Goans were enjoying their so called
FREEDOM.

Next came the BANDODKAR ERA. He brought as many outsiders to rule goa who
had least interest in goa for precisely the same reason as the DELHI BABUS.

Then came STATEHHOD FOR GOA and we had ALL GOAN poltiticians who were
behaving same as OUTSIDERS To BECOME RICH OVERNIGHT ANY COST.AND the stoty
goes on.
SO, whats the real issues threatening goa now.

1. Corruption.It is the singlemost issue threatening the very  existence of
goa.Delhi babus and CONGRESS should get the  NOBLE PRIZE for introducing it
in GOA..It is interlinked to power.COMMUNAL card had been greatly
exacerbated during the last election and unfortunately, THE MEDIA, CHURCH
AND  LEADERS OF MOST NGOS LINKED TO GOA BACHAO ABHYAN WERE USED BY CONGRESS
TO DIVERT THE ATTENTION FROM REAL ISSUES FACING GOA
.
2. garbage. It is real menance. WHEN i was young, i did not know what
MALARIA WAS. People  are dying of this problem now.There is filth all over
and many genuine tourists are thinking twice about visiting GOA.

3. Uncontolled immigration. Lot of immigrants to goa have contributed
towards GOAS well being.THEY CAME AS VISITORS AND SETTLED IN GOA FOR ITS
UNIQUE NATURE AND CULTURE. BUT, THE MASSIVE UNCONTROLLED INFLUX OF
IMMIGRANTS IS PERPETUATED BY POLITICIANS FOR THEIR VOTE BANKS.THEY GET
RATION CARDS, WATER SUPPLY, ELECTRICITY AND HOUSING ON FREE COMMUNIDADE LAND
ON PRIORITY WHEN MOST GOANS ARE STRUGGLING.THEY HAVE OVERSTRETCHED OUR
HEALTH FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND OTHER INFRASTRUCTURES.
CRIME, PROSTITUTION, DRUGS, DISEASES AND PEOPLE DEFAECATING ALL OVER GOA IS
THE PRICE GOANS ARE PAYING FOR BEING GOOD HOSTS.

 IS  there any hope for goa? yes.Goans have come a long way since Liberation
in terms of education, knowledge,  money and the rest.WE have  to take
controls of things  ourselves. We know our problems better than any
outsiders as our culture is unique. Also, we have enough resources and
competent people  in GOA  to manage ourselves. There are thousands of GOANS
WORLDWIDE with as many talents who are more than willing to help their
motherland.THOSE WHO THINK THAT MOST NRIS COME AND ONLY ENJOY IN GOA AND DO
NOTHING ELSE  ARE MISLEADING OTHERS.DURING MY TRAVELS TO DIFFERENT PLACES, I
HAVE MET PEOPLE WHO GENUINELY WANT TO HELP BUT ARE PUT OFF BY THE DIRTY
POLITICS AND THE LACK OF INTEREST BY THE  LOCAL POPULATION ITSELF.

THE NEED OF THE HOUR IS-. COMBINE  ALL THE FORCES, IRRESPECTIVE OF CASTE,
CREED AND  RELIGION.EVEN  ALL NON-GOANS WHO ARE LONGTERM SETTLERS SHOULD
JOIN HANDS  FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST AS THEY HAVE MADE GOA THEIR HOME.FIRST,
CHANGE THE POLITICS OF GREED AND CORRUPTION  BY GETTING RID OF THEM ALL.
FORM A NEW FRONT COMPRISING OF ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT WELLBEING
OF GOA AND HAVE NO PERSONAL AGENDAS.DONT FORGET THE WORLDWIDE GOANS,COMBINED
TOGETHER, THEY ARE A MJOR FORCE TO RECKON WITH AND CAN BRING IN THEIR
WORLDWIDE EXPERTISE BESIDES FINANCIAL CLOUT.

iT IS NEVER TOO LATE.  TIME TO ACT AND NOT FOR WASTEFUL DEBATES.
LONG LIVE GOA