                             GARCA BRANCA
                        VACATION ACCOMMODATION
                         LOUTULIM, SOUTH GOA.
 For R&R; modern/clean amenities; serene, healthy and wholesome location

Dear netters,

At the very outset, I thank you all for your warm greetings and good wishes on
my 60th birthday.

After spending 35 years in the Gulf region (8 years in Bahrain and 27 in Saudi
Arabia), it’s time for me to bid adieu to the place.  Having joined the Senior
Citizens’ Club on October 4, 2007, I am retiring from the job and leaving the
KSA for good at the end of this month, and proceeding to settle down in my
beloved native place – Anjuna, Bardez, Goa.

I joined Goanet four years ago and I must say it was a thrilling experience; I
enjoyed it thoroughly - I came, I saw and I definitely learned a lot.  I shared
my life experiences with fellow Goans through my writings, which eventually
were captured into a book – “Domnic’s Goa – A nostalgic romp through a bygone
era”.  It was your love and confidence that made it happen.

I take this opportunity to express my deep gratitude to my readers and
well-wishers who have been my constant support and without whom the book would
be meaningless.  I hope the sale of my book picks up so I can look forward to
publish a sequel of more reminiscences – a trilogy!

I am grateful to Goanet, which served me as a platform from which I e-published
my thoughts - be they in English or Konkani.  I would like to express my
sincere thanks to Herman Carneiro and the Admin team.  My special thanks go to
Bosco D’Mello who was always there for me when I needed him to assist and guide
me through.

Since October 2004, my writings appeared on the Gulf-Goans e-Newsletter
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gulf-goans and http://www.goa-worldcom) which is
run by Goa-World.  I thank Gaspar Almeida for his continued support and for
decorating my articles with pictures.

Before I conclude, I humbly request that we support each other and work as one
Goan community and not partisan groups - united we stand; divided we fall.  Let
our writings be Goa-centered/related and let our discussion/participation be
value-based rather than flippant.  Let us learn to respect each other.
Remember, we cannot command respect – we have to earn it.  Let us think twice
before we hit the keyboard and create a furor on the net.

We, as people, have much to be proud of, in our rich cultural heritage which we
must preserve.  The Internet is a good tool which connects people throughout
the globe.  Let us use this tool to spread our culture to the world and not to
destroy each other.  Likewise, let us utilize the forum to promote our beloved
mother tongue – the Konkani language.

I shall be shuttling between Goa and Karnataka and will be available at the
following two addresses:

GAUMCHI-ARADDI
ANJUNA
BARDEZ
GOA-403 509
Tel: 0091-832-2273922
Mobile: 9448261599 (Temporary)

“VALDEN”
NH 17, KAPPETTU
P.O. AMBALPADDY
UDUPI-576 103
KARNATAKA STATE
Tel: 820-2521408
Mobile:  9448261599 (Temporary)

You are most welcome at both places!

Dev borem korum.
(Thank you).

Moi-mogan,

Domnic Fernandes: Author of ‘Domnic’s Goa – A nostalgic romp through a bygone
era’
Anjuna/Dhahran, KSA
Tel: (966 3) 877-2744; Home: (966 3) 876-2676; Mobile: (966 5) 0281-9101
Check out some new online services at Windows Live Ideas—so new they haven’t
even been officially released yet.
http://www.msnspecials.in/windowslive/