                             GARCA BRANCA
                        VACATION ACCOMMODATION
                         LOUTULIM, SOUTH GOA.
 For R&R; modern/clean amenities; serene, healthy and wholesome location

The Vatican City zone was nearly trumped by the Nazis during WWII but a line
was drawn along St Marks Square, to denote the area OWNED by & therefore the
property of the Church.

  No temple or another religious place of worship would be permitted to be
built on its grounds, in much the same way no church or another religious
worship would be permitted on the grounds of Mecca or Medina or any of the
other major (or minor) sites of worship for the Muslims, these are private
grounds, so no temple or visa versa!

  However IF there IS a need for a temple or a Mosque is to be built NEAR the
Vatican I am sure there would be an eventual way round the planning laws, given
time, after all temples AND mosques exist in most European countries including
USA & Canada, Australia etc, there are many in Italy already, as there are in
the UK.

  We have a fabulous temple in Neasden in London, the Swami Narayan temple,
built entirely by volunteers & donations from worshippers, completely in Marble
............. a feast for the eyes indeed, massive prayer hall and the ornate
carvings of the deities are wonderful & not a chip of marble is out of place.

  However I digress........

  But building ON Vatican land, is a no-no I guess.  At least.............. for
now, but who knows what the future holds for the Catholic faith.  Certainly it
will grow three-fold in the USA due to the Cuban & West Indies influence in
Florida & the Mexican influence in Texas, the South American countries
immigration including Brazil, Argentina and the other satellite countries'
inhabitants who migrate legally & illegally to the USA, it has been said that
the USA will have a majority of Spanish speakers within 50 years. Making the
Latin Countries the majority in the USA.

  With that comes the religion, & the civil strife which will follow, if its
not already there in some form or other in the "ghetto areas" where
nationalities club together & creat no-go zones by rival gangs..............

  This never happened with Indian migration in the UK in the 1950's 1960's or
even when Indians from East African countries, Uganda & Kenya were thrown out
of these countries for being successful in business & they arrived in the UK in
the 1970's to start all over again!

  Sure there were ghettos of sorts whereby the vast majority of Indians who
arrived in the UK had to find somewhere to live, so the cheaper the place, the
better it was.  Eventually building their temples in areas where they were the
majority, same with the Muslim population over the past 25 years where they
have congregated over the years have build their Mosques, we have a very large
mosque in Central London, the Regents Park mosque & its very big, dominating
the whole area around it, but that is the way of the world.

  If you have sufficient population, your religion requires a place of worship
& to gather together in peace & harmony, so we build what we need, where we
need it.

  I guess it will be another few years before we see another splendid temple
like the Swami Narayan, in Neasden........... but time is all it takes, and
patience............ and more time.

on a side note, is the construction of a temple
allowed in Vatican city?